Businesses involved in the supply of Goods and Services, and whose turnover exceeds INR 40 lakhs (Increased from INR 20 lakhs to 40 lakhs effective April 1, 2019) are required to register for GST. Businesses that do not do so have to bear a huge penalty.
The registration must be initiated within 30 days of reaching the turnover value. Normally, the registration process takes 2-6 working days.
Our expert team can get your GST registration completed quickly to avoid any cascading effect of tax.
Click on the WhatsApp chat button to discuss with us about the best rates.. OR
Fill the Enquiry Form with the required details
Our professional team will talk to you, collect the documents and initiate the registration process
Who should register for GST
- Individuals who are already registered in the pre-GST regime such as for VAT, Excise or Service Tax.
- Companies whose aggregate turnover exceeding INR 40 lakhs (INR 10 lakhs for North Eastern States, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand), must mandatorily obtain GST registration within 30 days of achieving the turnover limit.
- Companies supplying goods or services across states within the country, irrespective of turnover must register for GST before commencing trade.
- Regardless of the turnover, individual tax payers, RCM tax payers, NRI tax payers, distributors, e-commerce providers are required to register for GST.
- Businesses that supply goods or services through e-commerce platforms must register for GST irrespective of the turnover.
- Casual Tax Payer or any individual selling goods temporarily or involved in seasonal sales must register for GST irrespective of the annual sales turnover.
- Any individual can register for GST voluntarily, which can be surrendered within a year, if not needed.
Process & Timeline
Business PAN Card
GST registration is linked with the PAN card. Hence, PAN must be obtained before registering for GST.
Photo ID Proofs & Photographs
Copies of PAN, Passport, Driving License, Aadhar or Voter ID Card of the promoters/partners can be submitted for ID proof.
Copies of Aadhar, Ration Card, Voter ID Card of the promoters/partners can be submitted as proof of address.
Business Registration Document
All business entities except proprietorship concerns, must submit proof of Business Registration. For LLPs, Company Certificate of Incorporation from MCA must be submitted.
Business Location Proof
Documents supporting the business location like rental agreement, property tax bill, Government issued certificates and so on may be submitted.
First page of the bank account passbook or statement, along with a cancelled cheque leaf must be submitted for bank account proof.